Monday, January 28, 2019

Flickering, Glitchy Screen on Xbox One, Xbox One X - Easy Fix.

Here's a problem that was really annoying for me and really hard to pin down the answer to. Sometime after finally purchasing a 4k/HDR TV, I started experiencing some major problems with the picture on my Xbox One X. I couldn't narrow it down for the longest time. I unplugged it, I changed HDMI ports, I disabled 4k and HDR Settings - nothing was working, and I started to think my new TV was to blame.

I used the same cables I had used from before I got the TV, though they had all gotten moved around after a few years. I wasn't sure which cable came with my Nintendo devices, my Sony Devices, or my Xbox. So, I looked up the specs of each, and luckily this lead me to my solution. I needed a HIGH SPEED 4K compatible HDMI cable. Having a standard cable can cause problems, I guess because of all the data being pushed the much larger screen. Once I determined which cables were my High Speed cables, I plugged them in to the correct devices, and haven't had to worry about this problem since.

Picture Problems with Xbox One

No comments: