Monday, January 07, 2019

Ring of Elysium Not Working for Steam Link? Here's How I fixed it.


I love my Steam Controller and my Steam Link, but they are not completely without their headaches. When I'm feeling ill and not able to sit up at my PC, I love to game from my television. RoE has given me a few problems however, and here's how I narrowed down what they were and fixed them.


Problems -

-Steam controller working with Big Picture Mode in steam link, not working when game launches
- Mouse and Keyboard - Mouse will move cursor, but not allow me to click on the screen

Notable -
When launching the game, audio prompt to allow RoE to run on my PC is heard - though not seen on my screen through steam link.
- GeForce recording software stealthily popped up, but I didn't see the prompt on my screen, hiding minimized in the taskbar below - only visible on my PC and not on the screen streamed to steam link.

How I fixed it:
- Closed Steam - Re-opened it as Administrator - This got rid of the prompt asking if I would give permission to run Ring of Elysium.

- Check 3rd Party game recording software - Someone mentioned GeForce software that will ask you if you'd like the game to record highlights for you. Well, this is what mine was doing, but the prompt was minimized, perhaps by steam.

These two items were most likely the culprit keeping me from controlling my game. Since my PC locks other processes out until these prompts are responded to, I made sure to have them addressed. Geforce Prompt is a one-time thing, the other thing happens every time I run the game outside of Running as Administrator.

After this - I got the game running just fine. My next challenge is finding the best steam controller configuration for this game. So many possibilities!

Resources that Helped Me:

Response to Steam Controller Question by Steam User Drendyl
Reddit Thread Complaining about Steam Controller

No comments: