Saturday, February 02, 2019

Steam Link Showing Remote Desktop Connection Prompt in Windows 10 - Easy Fix

So yesterday I started using my steam link to goof around with some Adobe Illustrator projects as I do from time to time, but upon connecting to my host PC, I found the above window prompt. After a short amount of searching I couldn't figure out why this was happening. So, I went to my host PC, and noticed my Start Menu was open. I closed the Remote Desktop window via the escape key, clicked away from the start menu, and tried again. Everything worked just fine. I replicated this a few times just to be sure that this was the issue. Seems kind of like a silly problem, but sometimes unfamiliar popups can lead to virus paranoia, so I thought I'd make a post about it. Cheers!

No comments: