Friday, November 03, 2006

No news, not such good news.


So I'm working on this story about the few-week-old release of the game Bully. By now, everyone knows its a great game. My focus is going to be primarily on the fact that the storyline borrows heavily from my favorite genre of novel-the prep school collection. This collection consisting of books like Catcher in the Rye, A Seperate Peace, and Old School. I mean yeah, its a video game, right? but I think the storyline really holds something. I think all of Rockstar's games tend to have great stories with the exception of Thrasher: Skate and Destroy, but I love that game for totally different reasons anyway. Grand Theft Auto has always been about the great dialogue and progression of story, although sometimes the free-form gameplay gets my ADD-addled brain off the beaten path of the game's storyline. But I can forgive it for that. I love driving my motorcycle off cliffs and then opening my parachute, its just as much fun as a crime story. And, I can always get back to the story when I feel like it.

To my point, the only thing I can find to talk about is this game that was released weeks ago, which is fine by me. Its a hell of a game. The only other thing I can think of is to talk about how I, like Eric Cartman, can hardly contain myself with the anticipation I have building up inside me thanks to the Nintendo Wii.

No comments: