Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Gears of War and Movie downloads? Make mine Microsoft!

Apparently, according to a recent blog post on Joystiq (and other linked articles reviewing the game)Gears of War has been kicking all sorts of ass in the reviews department. Which, of course is good news, considering all the hype it has been given. I really do believe the reviews, after seeing gameplay videos you could say that it could probably be one of the best looking shooters to date. As of today, it should be available at most major retailers. One thing sort of bothers me though. What the hell is up with that Gary Jules cover of 'Mad World' in the TV commercial? Totally out of place, although I'm pretty set on the conclusion that each are great in their own rite.



So how about that HD movie and Television content on Xbox Live? I think that is a pretty good move on the behalf of Microsoft. Looks like the 360 is starting to be the next iPod/iTunes-living room equivalent. Hell If I'll put my music on my 360, but I don't think I'd mind downloading some new on-demand UFC matches from time to time. Good call, Microsoft.

No comments: